After sifting through life’s priorities and which I’ve not wholly completed yet, I have finally arrived at ze blog! It has fallen somewhere down along the bottom of my to-do list, but if I did not place other things higher, I would not have anything to write about – a vicious cycle.
So on Tuesday, with a little bounce in my step I arose at 7am and took a stroll to Supervalu for some supplies. I’m in a fashion show tomorrow and I don’t want to be bloated so I’ve been ultra-low carb all week. Knowing myself I knew that unless I took precautions I would succumb to chocolate and snacking on the odd treats flung my way at work (I work in a kitchen). My expedition to the supermarket was for Stevia; a sweetener that does not spike insulin. While I was there I also found cacao paste; an amazing food and I plan on stocking up and I treated myself to a Lindt 90% dark chocolate bar. These formed the basis of a beautifully decadent fudge chocolate brownie.
They’re small, but mighty filling. Plus there’s only 2.7g of carbohydrate per cupcake! For the purpose of this post, I actually measured out my ingredients.
Ulc Fudge Brownies
Makes: 6 small ‘uns
Carbs (per cupcake)…………………2.79
of which sugars (per cupcake)…..1.9
- 40g Coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 50g Cacao paste
- 30g 90% dark chocolate (or two squares of a Lindt bar)
- 2 tblsp pure Stevia
- 2 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- A dollop of cream (if necessary)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Melt the butter, cacao paste, chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Stir continuously. Take off heat when melted.
- Add the eggs and stevia and continue to stir.
- Mix the coconut flour in gradually.
- If the mixture does not resemble a wet paste, then add in a dollop of cream.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake for 10-12 minutes. Smooth out the tops before placing in the oven so that your’s don’t turn out like lumpy peaks the way mine did.
Those are scones in the background, I made a batch at the same time and put them both in the same baking tray. You can find a recipe for those here